Patanjali Meta is formed by a fungus called metarhizium anisopliae (Spores) which is naturally found in the soil and it is a high quality bio insecticide.
- Spores of metarhizium when come in contact with insects, they form germ tubes.
- Germ tubes release enzymes which enter the external layer (cuticle) of the skin of insects.
- When germ tube enters into the body of insects, they use the nutrients of these insects and form mycelia which infect these insects.
- This way the immunity of these insects become very weak and they die within 3-4 days.
- When some healthy insects come into contact with the infected insects, the healthy insects also become infected and they also eventually die after some days. This happens in all stages of insects like in case of their eggs, larva , young and adult stages which get infected by forming mycelia which is green in colour and they spread in all the insects. It controls the spread of termites, white grubs, caterpillar, semilooper, looper , thrips, cutworm, juice sucking insects, mealybug, aphid, etc.